Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Unfortunately with all of the upheaval within the Nebraska football program, there are bound to be committed prospects who change their minds. In fact, highly-ranked running back Jonas Gray has already told NU that he's officially looking around again.

Who will follow him? What are the chances that each NU recruit stays committed? Here are my thoughts. (Thanks to Rivals.com for the list of committed prospects).

Prospect Name

Pos

Ht

Wt

40

RR

Hometown

Sean's Take

Blaine Gabbert

QB

6-4

226

4.65

6.1

Ballwin, MO

Gabbert will leave if Watson goes when Callahan is removed. I think 35% he stays with NU.

Baker Steinkuhler

OL

6-6

290

4.88

6.1

Lincoln, NE

Husker legacy will be a big part of the Blackshirt turnaround next fall. 100%

Jonas Gray

RB

5-10

213

4.44

6.0

Detroit, MI

It's unlikely that Jonas signs with NU. He has decommitted to take visits, but could come back depending on other NU recruits such as Gabbert, Woods, Rippy, and Compton. 20%

Bryce Givens

OL

6-6

257

5.1

5.9

Denver, CO

Givens is similar to Gray. If Trevor Robinson commits to NU, Givens might stay. 40% chance to stay IMO.

Shaun Mohler

LB

6-3

225

4.6

5.9

Costa Mesa, CA

Mohler is taking visits in Pac Ten country now, but I believe he sticks with the Big Red in the end. 50% chance.

Will Compton

LB

6-2

214

4.5

5.8

Bonne Terre, MO

I think if NU gets a defensive coach (a la Pelini) that Compton will stay put. The wild card is childhood favorite Notre Dame offering him this week. 60% chance.

Dan Hoch

OL

6-6

302

5.21

5.8

Harlan, IA

Hoch is a Husker 100%

Sean Fisher

LB

6-5

210

4.6

5.7

Omaha, NE

Fisher is a Husker 100%

Adrian Hilburn

WR

6-2

190

4.4

5.7

San Francisco, CA

I think if Zac Lee is still in Lincoln, Hilburn will be as well. 70% Husker

Cameron Meredith

DE

6-4

222

4.6

5.7

Santa Ana, CA

I think Meredith remains with NU. He committed for the program history and tradition, and with Osborne that will only get better. 65%

Collins Okafor

RB

6-1

210

4.54

5.7

Omaha, NE

Okafor is a Husker 100%

Riley Reiff

DE

6-6

235

4.8

5.7

Parkston, SD

I think Reiff sticks with NU after changing from Iowa once already. 80%.

David Whitmore

DB

6-2

190

4.5

5.7

Port Arthur, TX

Whitmore says he's a Husker, but I'm not sure I believe him. 50% at best.

Josh Williams

DE

6-4

220

4.8

5.7

Denton, TX

Williams is with the Compton, Gabbert, Woods, Gray, etc. group. I think he goes whichever way most of those guys go. 40%

D.J. Woods

WR

6-0

169

4.35

5.7

Strongsville, OH

Woods is close with Gabbert, Compton, Gray, Williams, etc. Each of those individuals will impact the others with his decision. 35%

Eric Harper

DE

6-4

220

4.62

5.6

Marrero, LA

I think Harper remains a Husker. 80%.

Tyson Hetzer

TE

6-7

265

4.75

5.6

Glendora, CA

No one's talked with Hetzer, so I don't know what to think. I'd say 50%.

Kyler Reed

ATH

6-3

204

4.5

5.6

Overland Park, KS

I think Reed stays with NU. He's a Husker fan from way back. 70%.

Doug Rippy

LB

6-2

218

-

5.6

Trotwood, OH

Rippy, Compton, Gray, Gabbert, Woods, Williams... all waiting on each other in my opinion. 40%

Ricky Henry

OL

6-4

300

5.2

5.5

Wahpeton, ND

Henry will be a Husker provided his academics are in order. 100%

Keelan Johnson

DB

6-0

195

4.5

5.5

Mesa, AZ

Johnson should remain a Husker, especially if Bill Busch is part of the new staff. 80%.

Darius Parish

DT

6-3

325

5.08

5.5

Wichita, KS

I think Parish is gone, but then I've always thought he was tenuous at best. 25%.

Brandon Thompson

OL

6-6

280

-

5.5

The Woodlands, TX

I think Thompson stays with NU, but it's not a given. 50%.

John Levorson

ATH

6-4

185

4.55

5.4

Crete, NE

Levorson is a Husker 100%.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sean- Baker Steinkuhler will be apart of a Blackshirt turnaround??

Kearney Husk